Wednesday 10 September 2008

Wednesday sailing

Wednesday afternoons are still rolling on as the windsurfers at BCYC want to sail even if there is no racing. This means I can have most of the lake to myself and get some practice in.

After a few hours pimping Alan Watson's Prowler with a new wand and ratio changes along with a bit of foil angle changes I managed to get out in the Squirrel for a quick spin. The weed at the club means I have to take my sailing in short bursts as the frustration sets in (Hence the Hayling trip on Sunday). The boat is working really well now and I really want to get out in some waves and see what the score is, along with sailing against the best.

On the Mothosphere front at the moment there is a good deal of chat about the new AMac/Payne collaboration. There is a bit of a negative slant coming from a few people on the topic, mostly aimed at the potential of the build quality. I'm sure AMac will have designed a competitive boat and the question has to be whether McConaghy boats have learned anything from their foray into Moth building with Bladerider.
I'm sure they are as capable of learning from their mistakes as the rest of us and they will produce a fine boat...

Lots of builders, spending lots of money on a class that never sleeps... Gotta keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment