Wednesday 24 September 2008

I haven't got a clew!


Not any more anyway...

It was blowing dogs off chains this evening, but I went for a blast as I had some new mods to try out. The result was this, but only after Alan Watson went for a blast in the boat and got himself a bit sideways out of a gibe (he nailed the first one!) and took a dive through my nice Hyde sail! Anyone that knows Alan can probably imagine him doing it with plenty of grace and jolly good form.

Nothing a talented sailmaker cant fix anyway, I have a MSL11 lying around somewhere that can probably get me on the water for some pre Tide ride practicing...

Anyway, the result of the mods are that I can now foil tack, and while my success rate is low (1 in 5 maybe?!) at least they are happening... Just in time for the end of the season!

The Powermann race at Poole last weekend was a good laugh (wished I had done my tweaks for that one now, life would have been peachy...). Sailing out in the bay with some biggish swell going was great fun, and something I want to get some more of. Gary was fastest Mothie, but the results don't show that I was second fastest as I got a bit lost out there and couldn't find the windward mark and sailed back downwind for a good few minutes thinking I had passed it! Live and learn...

Rod has posted some pics up here and there is some video of Norm the foiling dog here

No comments:

Post a Comment