Friday 11 July 2008

The worlds that never were...

Well, I thought I would let you all know what the hell is going on down here. Its pretty damn windy and 4 races were got in yesterday, along with however many they can fit in today. I managed (in the loosest sense of the word) to get one race in. 
I was bombing around with way too much lift on as one of my rods had run out of thread and I couldn't do a thing about it, stacking repeatedly in the 20 knot breeze between coughing fits and nursed myself home into 54th position before heading in to get it sorted - missing out the second race in the process. My misfortune didn't finish there, as I've also had a allergic reaction to the antibiotics for the chest infection, resulting a sore and swollen hands and feet - great for sheeting and hiking...

I cant fault the Squirrel though, she's super fast upwind and the new Hyde rig with the skinny Aardvark mast is working well. New foil shapes are sweet and takeoff is nice and early - no doubting that with some time to get myself back healthy and the boat nicely fettled that she will be able to take on the best.

I've got plenty of photos taken, and will keep adding bits and bobs over the course of the week when I have the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment