Thursday 31 July 2008

Wednesday sailing

Finally I got a good sail in! I've been loitering around since the worlds trying to get on the water and get a good few hours in and this Wednesday it was my time. There was a nice 10-12 knots of breeze and hardly anyone on the lake bar some windsurfers allowing me all the room in the world to get some tacking and gybing practice in and then mess around doing some speed runs during which I clocked up 22 knots which wasn't bad considering the lack of breeze - nearly double the windspeed! Need to work on my foil controls a little for the weekend and then get back out there and get this foiling tack thing nailed...

No other moths about this week though, Alan is down in Falmouth (practicing for the open?!) and Helens boat is in my shop having its wingbars sorted out post Portland flying mission. Emma was going to go out and have a play in the newly refurbished FBG but unfortunately she had a run-in with her skateboard so took it easy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment