Thursday 10 April 2008

Wednesday Sailing

Its good to be able to make the most of the Wednesdays now and get out sailing. After helping Emma get herself foiling for the afternoon I got out and got some practice in, with Em on the camcorder.

Its good to be able to watch yourself and see where you are going wrong!



I tried going for the race, but there wasn't really enough wind and the rope holding my ratchet block onto the boom failed - dumping me unceremoniously into the lake... Always next week!

1 comment:

  1. I've had the mainsheet hanger part company a couple of times too, one time I had replaced it the morning before going sailing! It's certainly a very undignified way to end a good day's sailing.

    I've since replaced mine with some 5mm Marlow D12 (basically as thick as I could get and still fit through the tube on the top of my boom twice) and it has lasted at least 6 sails without showing evidence of wear and tear.

    ReplyDelete