Sunday 16 March 2008

Saturday sailing

Saturday saw the grand re-launching of Fat Bottomed Girl in new fully foiling mode. Emma took her out for a brief spin, but the weather was not playing nice for her first sail in a while and she returned to shore. The wind had quite a lot of northerly in it and is notoriously shifty as it comes down Cheddar Gorge. Sunshine and sea breezes shouldn't be too far away now.

I then took the FBG for a quick spin around the lake to make sure she was behaving nicely and was quite impressed. She's not too far from the right setup and hit 17.5 knots and I got the first gibe in too...

Alan, Martin and I (back in Edward now!) then spent a good hour getting some practice in, with Martin getting a new PB of 21.2. He has just got the Axeman7 back from a shiny respray and fitted a new Aardvark daggerboard to the boat. This gave us a good chance to sort out the boat's geometry, making it much nicer to sail.


1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete