Tuesday 8 March 2011

Dinghy Show

For the first time in lord knows how long I've watched the dinghy show from the sidelines! I love going, for the same reason I love the silly winter events. Meet buddies from other classes, see shiny toys and ancient hulks of timber with tons of varnish and loads of string that doesn't make 'em any faster!

Well done to Phil for getting a concours nomination but ultimately losing out to the Aardvark built E6 Cherub! I still haven't seen it since it's been finished but everyone who has says it's a work of art...

I was busy in the workshop on my boat. I've finally got all my new pieces of moulding sorted out including the new deck mould for the 2011 Ninja now done. As this was coming off my boat it means I can now crack on and finish the paintwork and get back on the water. Hopefully by next weekend I can be sailing my new boat on my new foils.
I haven't decided what to do about sails just yet so will be sailing on my v2 crazymain from last summer. I still think this sail is amazing downhill but a bit unwieldy upwind. I'm hoping some batten mods I've got up my sleeve will correct this and I guess we'll find out at the inlands in a couple of weeks time...

Better hope that I've been able to develop myself past of the lack of sailing I've done lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment