Tuesday 28 September 2010

Bristol Moth Foiltown invasion


Theres been very little in the way of sailing at Axebridge since July now. Bristol water have a problem with one of their other reservoirs and have been using up all our lake! This looks set to continue for the next 4 weeks or so leaving us with very little else to do but go travelling when we can.
Last Sunday had us canning a planned trip to Port Talbot to sail with DJ due to a poor forecast but instead decamping to Weymouth. Foiltown did not disappoint giving us blue skies and 15 ish knots. Joining Foiltown resident Alex Adams were myself, Martin, Darren and Simon and we all got on the water around lunchtime for a good three hour session.

Martin was running a shiny new '10 North letting me play with his old X8 sail as I'd lent my Hyde to Tom Offer for a week in Rock (Tom still hasn't got his replacement sail after the Choppy incident in Switzerland). It was good to get on the water after only one sail myself since Silvaplana and while I struggled to get under the boom with the X8 sail up the boat felt really good. We did a load of windward/leeward, dodging the zone squaddies and generally having a very nice time!

Tom meanwhile has been living it up in Rock with Ninja Tuna, apparently getting out most evenings and playing around with his setups. Based on his progress this year I expect him to give me a good spanking next time we meet on the water!

We're reconvening at Port Talbot with DJ this Sunday if the wind gods play nice. Should be good to get out and play with some new toys I have on the boat and try to remind myself how to tack and gibe!


TIDE RIDE SOON!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment