Monday 5 April 2010

Bristol open this weekend

The first open of the season is this coming weekend at Bristol Corinthian YC. The event is set to be a 3 race series run on the Saturday 10th April starting at 11.30.
Now, I had planned on running a spectator friendly slalom event on the Sunday fitting around the club racing so as not to get in the way but it hasn't panned out particularly well. If anyone would like to stick around and sail on the Sunday in the club racing and do some tuning they will be most welcome and I will find us somewhere to go for grub on the Saturday night. This is a bit frustrating for me as we did something very similar two years ago with great feedback from those at the club about how good it was to watch.
The postcode for finding the club is BS26 2DL. It is pretty well signposted once you get near.
For accommodation, Axebridge is the closest village and Cheddar another good option.

Cheers, hope to see you all there.

Mike Cooke
GBR3618 Ninja Tuna

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike, Looks like I just missed out on an opportunity for some local moth action. I'm (sometimes) a non-foiling moth sailor and I'd really like to come see some of you guys in action, any idea when you'll next be out en masse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon,

    We are usually out most weekends. Sorry I didn't see your message a bit sooner as we had 5 boats out yesterday.
    Where do you sail yours and what have you got?

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,

    I sail a Magnum 8 which is about as old as I am I normally sail up at Trimpley in the west midlands but I'm at uni at Oxford at the moment.

    Are you likely to be out next weekend?

    Simon

    ReplyDelete