Thursday 5 November 2009

The one equipment rule

For anyone who has listened to the latest Mothcast I thought I'd chime in with my 2pence worth...

There is already a one equipment rule. It is an unwritten rule. Have one set and use it 100%. The finer points of skinny masts, V6, V8 or V whatever sails and smaller rudders are all chasing after tiny percentage gains and until you can sail with one set of everything to 90-100% how on earth are you to know if those things are doing anything for you?

The situation isn't broken, people aren't turning up with massive quivers of foils and sails and are unlikely to do so so why bother trying to come up with overcomplicated rules that will always be got around by anyone who wants to push it.

I've never had more than one sail to choose from, never a different mast or foils and I've no intention of starting a collection until I am the fastest I can be with what I have! That might involve going sailing which is proving a problem at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment