Tuesday 27 January 2009

Northampton training video

Sunday saw a chance for a bunch of us to get out and get followed around by Tom Castle in a rib (singlehanded, bit shakey!) with my camcorder. Interesting sailing around with the 600's. Very little in it speed wise upwind and down against Sam. We had a few short course races running windward leeward which was a good measure of performance. Generally we were all pretty close on speed and only seperated by the number of mistakes...



I also finally got around to taking out my wide angle Helmet Hero, fixed to a gantry on the back of the boat (which I've made months ago and never used!). Quite possibly the single most useful training aid I've found - I can see that I am not hiking at all really... Quite hard to tell what was going on outside the boat so I was going to overlay it with the first video but I had an argument with Final Cut so we've gone our seperate ways...



I've purposefully left off a review of the Steve Nicholson Race, as I'd like to do it justice properly later and have work to do!

5 comments:

  1. Gantry cam is the best angle i've seen yet. Love it, like having a Moth on a stick.

    (We should get those a la top gun, for training purposes..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously nice soundtracks and gantry cam rocks. Thanks for a good escape after a long day's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gantry cam is cool - that is great to have a decent wide angle shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mike,

    can you post some shots of your camera gantry pls.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete